With one of the leading forensic teams globally, Foregenix specialises in providing forensic services to organisations ranging from small eCommerce companies through to Regional Central Banks. Within the Payment Card Industry, we provide the following services:
- PFI Lite Services - designed for small e-Commerce merchants. Our team has the experience and understanding to assist small businesses to deal with a suspected data compromise. We work closely with the major acquiring banks across the EMEA region to support their merchants requiring PFI Lite services.
- PFI Investigations - a standard investigation for any business that may have lost cardholder data. We have worked with some of the largest financial institutions globally through to the smallest of merchants. Our team has the technical investigation expertise and "C-level"experience to guide an organisation through the challenging process that accompanies a forensic investigation.
In the case of a suspected data compromise/incident the following steps should be taken:
- Inform your acquirer. It is strongly suggested that the Acquiring Bank is notified if they are not already aware of the potential security breach
- Contact Foregenix immediately on +44 (0) 845 309 6231 (or +44 845 309 6235 afterhours) . We will provide free telephone guidance on best practice steps to plan a response and mitigate the impact to your organisation.
- Do not access or alter any aspect of the suspect system(s).
- If you suspect the attack is currently ongoing, remove the system connectivity to the network.
- Do not power the system down.
- The Foregenix Forensic Investigation Team will respond immediately to ensure the integrity of any potential evidence and conduct a thorough digital forensic investigation.
- Following the investigation, Foregenix will be able to work with your security team to secure the systems in question, identify the root cause and mitigating further risk of compromise.
We provide services which attempt to identify the root cause of the compromise, assist in communication strategies to the public, partners and card schemes as well as potential damage limitation. Our goal is to provide immediate support and practical risk reduction strategies.
If you have a security issue, or requirement, please get in touch with us for assistance on:
+44 (0) 845 3096232 or firstname.lastname@example.org.