About the role
We are looking for two junior digital forensic investigators or incident response analysts, to join each of our UK (Marlborough) and South African (Johannesburg) based teams. You will be responsible for assisting with a wide range of digital investigations, with a primary focus on network data breaches. Your duties will also include maintaining custody of evidence, assisting with investigations onsite and within our forensic laboratory, researching security vulnerabilities, and provide support to client’s subject to an ongoing investigation.
Our ideal candidate will have BSc or MSc in Forensic Computing or Information Security. As a Digital Forensic and Incident Response Analyst, you should perform well under pressure keeping to deadlines, with an eye for detail and a passion for quality. We provide on-the-job training so an aptitude and willingness to learn is a must. Foregenix will look to put you on a career path that will build on your knowledge and experience with the aim that you will become a senior investigator within 5 years.
As a Digital Forensics and Incident Response Analyst, you would have a responsibility for the following:
- Assist with investigations, working under limited supervision.
- Provide incident response capabilities to clients within the UK and Europe.
- Learn to identify weaknesses and deficiencies within lightweight security audits (PCI DSS) and vulnerability assessments of digital environments.
- Provide security advice and guidance to clients who have suffered a data breach.
- Identify new IOCs and assist in the maintenance of our intelligence database.
- Provide documentation on new and emerging attack trends in the way of blogs and white papers.
- Maintain high level of evidence handle, ensuring ACPO Digital Forensic guidelines are followed and the chain of custody is maintained.
- Stay up-to-date with all relevant programs and current news on attack trends.
As part of this role, candidates may be expected to travel internationally as well as domestically although the travel frequency is not high.
More about Foregenix
Foregenix Ltd is a global independent information security consultancy, headquartered in the United Kingdom with additional offices in South Africa, South America, continental Europe and the United States. Our Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR) teams provide investigative and incident response services across the globe to a wide range of organisations, predominantly within the payment industry, with a focus on quality and professionalism.