CAREERS AT FOREGENIX
IT Product Support Engineer
What we are after
Foregenix is a privately owned organisation solely dedicated to cybersecurity, with a true global footprint and a remarkable reputation. Our purpose is rather simple: make the cyberspace safe for everyone, and our unique culture revolves around helping others protect their digital assets.
Foregenix is hiring an IT Product Support Engineer to help our external customers as quickly and efficiently as possible. Internal training would be provided on our bespoke solutions, but we need you to be able to explain complicated things simply and treat all our customers the way we would want someone to treat our friends.
Foregenix is one of the top players around offensive security, digital forensics, threat hunting and cybersecurity compliance, offering employees the chance to find their dream job in cybersecurity. We provide on-the-job training to those with an aptitude and willingness to learn, coupled a desire to grow with the team is essential. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, driven individual who has a keen interest in the Cyber Security Sector.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Protect our customers’ digital assets and help us evolve the cybersecurity industry. As an IT Product Support Engineer you will be responsible to help our external customers as quickly and efficiently as possible. You will have a crucial role in becoming the communication link between our product line and Foregenix customers. Strong communication skills are required as you will be expected to provide advice and support to clients regarding new and on going situations, as well as supporting other team members as required.
Our ideal candidate will
- Be able to communicate effectively and work with different teams in order to deliver a solution for queries raised by customers in a timely manner.
- Solid knowledge of both Windows and Linux based systems at an operational level, to include:
· Process and service interaction
· Operating systems security model
· Understanding of operating system Kernel architecture desirable
- Ability to convey technical issues remotely with non-technical people, both in print and verbally
- An aptitude and willingness to learn and expand knowledge
- Understanding of web-based technologies including Operation and Security Controls, TCP/IP networking & firewalls
- Be good at the English Language, comfortable communicating in writing and on the phone. (Additional language capabilities would certainly be welcome but excellent English skills are fundamental).
- Act as the first point of call for all product related queries.
- Manage inbound calls to support.
- Take ownership of providing resolution to our product users.
- Use of ticketing system for support incidents.
- Assist with day-to-day escalations and investigate complex problems.
- Ensure regular feedback is provided to customers.
- Refer more complex challenges to the appropriate team member, when and where appropriate.
- Working with different operating systems and the ability to troubleshoot issues in a logical and methodical manner including the review of windows and firewall log data.
This role is currently remote, there may be a requirement to attend the Marlborough office on occasions in the future, under a hybrid working model, therefore candidates must be willing to commute to Wiltshire if and when required.
Locations: United Kingdom
- Flexible work schedule
- Your birthday is an extra holiday
- Company Bonus scheme
- Finders Fee
- Plus other country-specific benefits (comprehensive health insurance, pension schemes, and more)
- Please note we only accept docs in PDF format
Fill out the fields to apply for the role