CAREERS AT FOREGENIX
First Line IT Support
What we are after
Foregenix is a privately owned organisation solely dedicated to cybersecurity, with a true global footprint and a remarkable reputation. Our purpose is rather simple: make the cyberspace safe for everyone, and our unique culture revolves around helping others protect their digital assets.
Foregenix is hiring a First Line IT Support engineer. This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a legendary team that is helping organisations design, evolve and drive their cybersecurity programs. Foregenix is one of the top players around offensive security, digital forensics, threat hunting and cybersecurity compliance and you will work closely with the leadership team to ensure a great experience for our employees.
Foregenix is one of the top players around offensive security, digital forensics, threat hunting and cybersecurity compliance, offering employees the chance to find their dream job in cybersecurity. We provide on-the-job training to those with an aptitude and willingness to learn, coupled a desire to grow with the team is essential. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, driven individual who has a keen interest in the Cyber Security Sector.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Protect our customers’ digital assets and help us evolve the cybersecurity industry. As a First Line IT Support you will be responsible to help our team as quickly and efficiently as possible. Strong communication skills are required as you will be expected to provide advice and support users regarding new and on going situations.
Our ideal candidate will
- Solid knowledge of both Windows and Linux based systems at an operational level, to include:
· Process and service interaction
· Operating systems security model
· Understanding of operating system Kernel architecture desirable
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking & networking appliances.
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products.
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues.
- Ability to scale problems based on knowledge and experience.
- Remarkable interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to deal with multiple competing priorities
- Excellent English skills are fundamental, comfortable communicating in writing and on the phone (Additional language capabilities would certainly be welcome).
Provide daily IT support service for Foregenix Users Locally and Globally, this includes but not limited to:
- Act as the first point of contact for all desktop support and IT related queries.
- Take ownership of users' technical issues and manage the ticketing system to support resolution.
- Install, configure and monitor hardware, operating systems, and applications.
- Work with different operating systems including Linux, OSX and Windows, and troubleshoot issues in a logical and methodical manner.
- Support Foregenix's multiple enduser environments, including Amazon AWS, Google Cloud and several virtualisation technologies.
- Automate repetitive and boring tasks, and accelerate processes via scripting whenever possible.
- Constantly seek opportunities to improve the company's enduser IT systems, including areas like security, monitoring, networking and reliability.
- Manage the company's Identity Management System.
- Talk staff through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
This is a hybrid role, there is a requirement to attend the Marlborough office on occasions, therefore candidates must be willing to commute to Wiltshire if and when required.
Locations: United Kingdom
- Flexible work schedule
- Your birthday is an extra holiday
- Company Bonus scheme
- Finders Fee
- Plus other country-specific benefits (comprehensive health insurance, pension schemes, and more)
- Please note we only accept docs in PDF format
Fill out the fields to apply for the role