CAREERS AT FOREGENIX
Incident Response Analyst
What we are after
Foregenix is a privately owned organisation solely dedicated to cybersecurity, with a true global footprint and a remarkable reputation. Our purpose is rather simple: make the cyberspace safe for everyone, and our unique culture revolves around helping others protect their digital assets.
Foregenix is hiring an Incident Response Analyst. This is a hybrid role; with a significant proportion of time being assigned to the application of Security Operational Centre (SOC) responsibilities, with the remainder being those of a Threat Intelligence Analyst. In this role successful candidates will form an integral part of a growing team providing round the clock security monitoring and Incident Response support to global clients, in a variety of industry verticals. Foregenix is one of the top players around offensive security, digital forensics, threat hunting and cybersecurity compliance, offering employees the chance to find their dream job in cybersecurity.
The role demands the skills of a diligent and motivated information security professional but will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to become deeply involved in active Incident Response situations and Digital Forensic Investigations. Threat and security monitoring will focus strongly around our internally developed security solutions, supporting managed clients as well as our highly skilled Digital Forensics team. We provide on-the-job training to those with an aptitude and willingness to learn, but a strong background in information security, coupled a desire to grow with the team is essential.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Protect our customers’ digital assets and help us evolve the cybersecurity industry. As an Incident Response Analyst operating in a SOC context, candidates will have the responsibility of reviewing and monitoring client system security status on an on going basis. Performing frequent manual threat hunting exercises and analysing/researching identified threats (where required). Additionally, opportunities will arise to help expand the automation and detection logic of the in house technology solutions. Strong communication skills are required as you will be expected to provide advice and support to clients regarding new and on going threats and incidents, as well as supporting other team members and the Digital Forensics team in investigations as required.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science or Computer Forensics
- At least 3 years’ experience in a network/security related IT Role
- Flexibility to work shift patterns on a rota basis; 07:00-16:00 hours, 15:00-00:00 hours, along with on call duties on some bank holidays and weekends
Expectations of role
- Solid knowledge of both Windows and Linux based systems at an operational level
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical people, both in print and verbally
- An aptitude and willingness to learn and expand knowledge
- The ability to work as part of a team but be relied upon to complete work independently
- Ability to work 2 different shifts on a rota basis to accommodate customer service level agreements. This will be a combination of working directly from our UK office in Wiltshire and also from home (following initial training)
- Understanding of network intrusion-based investigations
- Understanding of general system and network security
- Scripting/programming knowledge
Locations: United Kingdom
- Flexible work schedule
- Your birthday is an extra holiday
- Company Bonus scheme
- Finders Fee
- Plus other country-specific benefits (comprehensive health insurance, pension schemes, and more)
- Please note we only accept docs in PDF format
Fill out the fields to apply for the role