CAREERS AT FOREGENIX
Security Operations Analyst
(Argentina, Australia, Germany, South Africa, UK)
What we are after
Foregenix is a privately owned organisation solely dedicated to cybersecurity, with a true global footprint and a remarkable reputation. Our purpose is rather simple: make cyberspace safe for everyone, and our unique culture revolves around helping others protect their digital assets. We have one of the leading Managed Detection and Response consultancies, specialised in incident response and digital forensic services. We support a global customer base through our own DFIR/MDR product line.
Foregenix is hiring Security Operations Analysts. This is a fantastic opportunity to enter the exciting industry of cybersecurity and become part of a legendary team that is helping organisations design, evolve and drive their cybersecurity programs. Foregenix is one of the top players around offensive security, digital forensics, threat hunting and cybersecurity compliance, offering employees the chance to find their dream job in cybersecurity.
Are you ready to kick-start your career in cybersecurity? Have you considered spending the next few years solely focused on cybersecurity, increasing your technical skills and becoming a true specialist? This may be your dream job: at Foregenix, this role will give you the opportunity to learn and grow into different fields of cybersecurity, including Digital Forensics, Offensive Security, Cybersecurity Consulting and Threat Intelligence.
This is the right choice for someone who is a computing enthusiast, with a solid understanding of at least one of: software development, systems administration or networking. The role requires a strong customer orientation and amazing natural communication skills, as you will have to look after the cybersecurity needs of large organisations and match our customers' demanding expectations.
Protect our customers’ businesses improving their cybersecurity posture and reducing the likelihood of suffering a data breach. Security Operations Analysts work closely with senior members of the Threat Intel Group to deliver strategic cybersecurity monitoring services.
Security Operations Analysts will manage and develop relationships with clients, stakeholders and third parties/vendors, and are responsible for 24x7x365 monitoring of threats, as well as the operation of tools and processes that support the core mission of defending client organisations against cyber-threats
- Execute daily operations of the Security Operations Centre
- Support client organisations' needs in relation to cybersecurity products including onboarding, ongoing monitoring, and improvements.
- Act as an advisor regarding security risks; work collaboratively with impacted parties to assess and provide recommendations.
- Alert triage and basic incident management
- Collect, classify and analyse malware samples
- Manage customers’ expectations in relation to project status and deadlines
- Research a wide variety of cybersecurity fields
- Security Operations Analysts are expected to work in different shifts
- Understanding of the current threat landscape
- Some understanding of software development
- Experience with opensource scanning and/or Penetration Testing tools
- Understanding of IP networks, its protocols, and different system architectures
- A solid understanding of Windows and Linux
- Experience with relational database engines such as MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc
- Remarkable interpersonal and communication skills. Active listening ability
- Strong time management skills and the ability to deal with multiple competing priorities
- Self-confidence. However, candidates must also be able to request help when needed
- Team-working spirit. Ability to work alongside the DFIR team to provide seamless service around investigation support
- Advanced English
- Motivated self-learner. Strong desire to work hard, research and grow your skills
- Being effective at multitasking
Other Relevant Competencies (desired but not required)
- Ideally three years of experience in IT Security or Information Technology.
- Ability to speak French, Portuguese or Spanish
- Information Security or Information Technology-related qualification or a number of related certifications
- Previous experience working in a Security Operations Centre in an enterprise environment
- Achieved one or more relevant security certifications (CEH, CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, etc.)
You will never roam alone as you join our team of world-renowned cybersecurity experts. Candidates will be expected to complete our comprehensive onboarding process, acquire basic training, get a full understanding of our methodology and demonstrate commitment whilst learning from the best.
Type: Full-time. Shift work.
Locations: Argentina, Australia, Germany, South Africa, UK
- Flexible work schedule
- Your birthday is an extra holiday
- Company Bonus scheme
- Finders Fee
- Plus other country-specific benefits (comprehensive health insurance, pension schemes, and more)
- Please note we only accept docs in PDF format
Fill out the fields to apply for the role