CAREERS AT FOREGENIX
Junior Information Security Consultant
What we are after
Foregenix is a privately owned organisation solely dedicated to cybersecurity, with a true global footprint and a remarkable reputation. Our purpose is rather simple: make the cyberspace safe for everyone, and our unique culture revolves around helping others protect their digital assets.
Foregenix is hiring Junior Information Security Consultants. This is a fantastic opportunity to enter the exciting industry of cybersecurity and become part of a legendary team that is helping organisations design, evolve and drive their cybersecurity programs. Foregenix is one of the top players around offensive security, digital forensics, threat hunting and cybersecurity compliance, offering employees the chance to find their dream job in cybersecurity.
Are you really passionate about cybersecurity? Do you have the drive to invest the time and effort required to kickstart your career in cybersecurity? Are you a naturally curious person? Do you enjoy reading… a lot? Have you ever found yourself thinking ‘it would be great to replicate that attack scenario and really understand what goes on under the hood’? This may be your dream job.
This is the right choice for someone who is an experienced computing professional, with solid technical experience in at least one in at least one of: software development, systems engineering or networking. The job requires a strong character and amazing natural communication skills, as you will have to match the cybersecurity needs of organisations with the desires of skilled IT people and their senior management. You will never roam alone as you join our team of world-renowned cybersecurity consultants and analysts. Candidates will be expected to complete our comprehensive onboarding process, acquire basic training, get a full understanding of our methodology and demonstrate commitment whilst learning from the best.
Protect our customers’ businesses improving their cybersecurity posture and reducing the likelihood of suffering a data breach. Junior Information Security Consultants work closely with senior members of the Consulting and Risk Services Team to deliver strategic security assurance services.
The Junior Information Security Consultant will be introduced to a variety of industries and a wide range of cybersecurity disciplines.
- Support the CRS team deliver cybersecurity services, including design, implementation, compliance and offensive security services to our customers
- Support the execution of different types of cybersecurity programs assessments (PCI, NIST, CMMC, etc.) across a range of industries
- Collect, classify and analyse scoping documents
- Manage customers’ expectations in relation to project status and deadlines
- Work with the Sales Team to identify additional opportunities in customer organisations
- Research a wide variety of cybersecurity fields
- Finalising reports and engagements in a timely fashion
- Junior Information Security Consultants are expected to be travelling for at least 20% of their time with the company
- An Information Security or Information Technology-related qualification or a number of related certifications
- Some understanding of software development practices and different lifecycles
- Experience with opensource scanning and Penetration Testing tools
- A solid understanding of IP networks, its protocols, and different system architectures
- A solid understanding of Windows and Linux
- Experience with at least one of: FIM, SIEM, IDS/IPS, WAF, and similar
- Experience with relational database engines such as MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc
- Remarkable interpersonal and communication skills. Active listening ability
- Strong time management skills and the ability to deal with multiple competing priorities
- Ability to meet deadlines. Foregenix always assigns dedicated time to analysis and reporting on every project, so that consultants can always deliver reports on time
- Self-confidence. However, candidates must also be able to request help when needed
- Team-working spirit
- Advanced English
- Motivated self-learner. Strong desire to work hard, research and grow your skills
- Being effective at multitasking
Other Relevant Competencies (desired but not required)
- Ability to speak Spanish
- Cryptography – solid understanding of concepts and current implementations
- Having a MSc in Information Security, or equivalent educational experience.
- Other cybersecurity certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, ISO 27001, CSSLP, CASE, etc
- Flexible work schedule
- Your birthday is an extra holiday
- Company Bonus scheme
- Finders Fee
- Plus other country-specific benefits (comprehensive health insurance, pension schemes, and more)
- Please note we only accept docs in PDF format
Fill out the fields to apply for the role