CAREERS AT FOREGENIX
Junior Penetration Testing Analyst
(Argentina, South Africa)
What we are after
Foregenix is a privately owned organisation solely dedicated to cybersecurity, with a true global footprint and a remarkable reputation. Our purpose is rather simple: make the cyberspace safe for everyone, and our unique culture revolves around helping others protect their digital assets.
Foregenix is hiring a Junior Penetration Testing Analyst. This is a fantastic opportunity to enter the exciting industry of offensive security and become part of a legendary team that is helping organisations design, evolve and drive their cybersecurity programs. Foregenix is one of the top players around offensive security, digital forensics, threat hunting and cybersecurity compliance, offering employees the chance to find their dream job in cybersecurity.
Are you really passionate about cybersecurity, threat hunting and researching vulnerabilities? Do you have the drive to invest the time and effort required to kickstart your career in cybersecurity? Do you enjoy reading? Do you enjoy reading a lot? This may be your dream job.
This is the right choice for someone who is a keen enthusiast of computing science and finds researching systems (for hours trying to find ways to circumvent their security) exciting. You will never roam alone as you join our team of world-renowned security experts. Candidates will be expected to complete our comprehensive onboarding process, acquire basic training, and demonstrate commitment whilst learning from the best. Once the full onboarding process is complete, you will then progress to becoming a skilled penetration tester as you undertake more demanding engagements, develop your own attack tools, and master the art of human-driven security testing.
Protect our customers’ digital assets and help us evolve the cybersecurity industry. The Junior Penetration Testing Analysts work closely with senior members of the Offensive Security Services Team within Foregenix to deliver security assurance services across multiple disciplines. The Junior Penetration Testing Analyst will be introduced to a variety of engagements spread across the range of penetration testing services within Foregenix, accumulating knowledge and building up their skillset. Ultimately the Junior Penetration Testing Analyst will move into undertaking engagements independently.
- Execute different types of penetration testing services (network and web application penetration testing)
- Progress into executing different types of offensive security services (red teaming, adversary simulations, source code and configuration reviews, social engineering, and much more)
- Support the CRS team deliver cybersecurity services, including design, implementation and compliance to our customers.
- Research a wide variety of cybersecurity fields
- Develop attack and analysis tools to increase our arsenal
- Assist with the design and deployment of Foregenix’s attack nodes
- Collecting and clarifying initial scoping documents
- Manage general communications with clients
- Finalising reports and engagements in a timely fashion
- Collect, classify and analyse scoping documents.
- Manage customers’ expectations in relation to project status and deadlines.
- Work with the Sales Team to identify additional opportunities in customer organisations.
- Must have at least one of these education & experience items:
- Graduate or advanced student at a university degree in either Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Security
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience in Computing, in roles such as IT Security administrator, networks/systems administration or development.
- Solid understanding of at least one of these topics:
- Web technologies and frameworks
- Application development & DevOps
- IP networking and communication protocols
- Systems Administration (preferably Unix-like operating systems)
- Proficient in at least a scripting language (Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.) and a programming language (C, C++, C#, Java, etc.)
- Experience with open-source projects
- Must be able speak/write in advanced English
- Motivated self-learner. Strong desire to work hard, research and grow your skills.
- Experience with scanning and Penetration Testing tools. Participation in CTF is a plus.
- Being effective at multitasking
- Having a MSc in Information Security
- Knowledge of network penetration testing concepts
- Knowledge of web application and web services penetration testing
- Ability to research and analyse exploitation techniques
- Reverse engineering experience
- Cryptography – solid understanding of concepts and current implementations
- A basic understanding of the PCI DSS and other cybersecurity compliance programs
Locations: Argentina, South Africa
- Flexible work schedule
- Your birthday is an extra holiday
- Company Bonus scheme
- Finders Fee
- Plus other country-specific benefits (comprehensive health insurance, pension schemes, and more)
- Please note we only accept docs in PDF format
Fill out the fields to apply for the role